Bath Solution Preparation
To prepare 1L of Bath Solution (Ca2+/Mg2+ Free) the following components are required;
|KOH (mw: 56.11 g/mol)||7.854 g||0.14 M|
|HEPES (mw: 238.3 g/mol)||4.766 g||0.02 M|
|KCl (mw: 74.55 g/mol)||149 mg||0.002 M|
|EGTA (mw: 380.35 g/mol)||1.902 g||0.005 M|
|Methanesulfonic acid (mw: 96.11 g/mol)||13.314 g||0.14 M|
- Prepare 800 mL of distilled water in a suitable container.
- Add 7.854 g of KOH to the solution.
- Add 4.766 g of HEPES to the solution.
- Add 149 mg of KCl to the solution.
- Add 1.902 g of EGTA to the solution.
- Add 13.314 g of Methanesulfonic acid to the solution.
- Add distilled water until volume is 1 L.
- Use methanesulfonic acid to adjust the pH to 7.1-7.2. Store for up to 3 years at room temperature (22°C-24°C
AAT Bioquest, Inc. (2021, June 13). Bath Solution (Ca2+/Mg2+ Free).". Retrieved from https://www.aatbio.com/resources/buffer-preparations-and-recipes/bath-solution-ca2-mg2-free