“Biochemistry” by Satyanarayana U is a widely used textbook for undergraduate students studying biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, and other related fields. This book covers the fundamental concepts of biochemistry in a clear and concise manner, making it a valuable resource for students and professionals alike. The book is available in PDF format, making it easy to access and study on a variety of devices. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject of biochemistry, including the chemical nature of biomolecules, enzymes, and coenzymes, bioenergetics, metabolism, and regulatory biochemistry. The book is well-organized, and it includes multiple choice questions, review questions, case studies, animations and additional resources to enhance the learning experience.
“Biochemistry” is a book written by Satyanarayana U that covers the fundamental concepts of biochemistry. The book is designed for undergraduate students of biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, and other related fields.
The book is organized into four sections: introduction to biochemistry, structural biochemistry, metabolic biochemistry, and regulatory biochemistry. The first section covers the basic concepts of biochemistry, such as the chemical nature of biomolecules, enzymes and coenzymes, and bioenergetics. The second section covers the structure of biomolecules, including carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids. The third section covers the metabolic pathways and their regulation, including the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, and nucleic acids. The fourth section covers the regulatory biochemistry including hormones, vitamins and enzymes.
The book is well-written and clearly explains the complex concepts of biochemistry in a straightforward manner, making it easy for students to understand. The book also includes multiple choice questions and review questions at the end of each chapter to test students’ understanding of the material. Additionally, the book has a companion website that includes case studies, animations, and additional resources to enhance the learning experience.
Overall, “Biochemistry” by Satyanarayana U is a comprehensive and well-written textbook that provides a solid foundation in the subject of biochemistry. It is a useful resource for students and professionals who want to gain a deeper understanding of the field.
|Book name :||Biochemistry|
|Year:||1 January 2008|
|File Size:||7 MB|
About the Book
This textbook ‘Biochemistry’ has become one of the most preferred text books (in India and many other countries) for the students as well as teachers in medical, biological and other allied sciences. The book has undergone three editions, several reprints, and revised reprints in a span of 13 years.
There are many biochemistry textbooks in the market. Some of them are purely basic while others are applied, and there are very few books which cover both these aspects together. For this reason, the students learning biochemistry in their undergraduate courses have to depend on multiple books to acquire a sound knowledge of the subject.
This book, ‘Biochemistry’ is unique with a simultaneous and equal emphasis on basic and applied aspects of biochemistry. This textbook offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, comprehensively written to meet the curriculum requirements of undergraduate courses in medical, dental, pharmacy, life-sciences and other categories (agriculture, veterinary, etc.).
This book is designed to develop in students a sustained interest and enthusiasm to learn and develop the concepts in biochemistry in a logical and stepwise manner. It incorporates a variety of pedagogic aids, besides colour illustrations to help the students understand the subject quickly and to the maximum. The summary and biomedical/clinical concepts are intended for a rapid absorption and assimilation of the facts and concepts in biochemistry. The self-assessment exercises will stimulate the students to think rather than merely learn the subject. In addition, these exercises (essays, short notes, fill in the blanks, multiple choice questions) set at different difficulty levels, will cater to the needs of all the categories of learners.
New to This Edition
- The book offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, and is comprehensively written, revised and updated to meet the curriculum requirements of Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Veterinary, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, and others studying Biochemistry as one of the subjects.
- It is the first text book on Biochemistry in English with multi-colour illustrations by an author from Asia. The use of multicolours is for a clearer understanding of the complicated biochemical reactions.
- It is written in a lucid style with the subject being presented as an engaging story growing from elementary information to the most recent advances, and with theoretical discussions beingsupplemented with illustrations, flowcharts, and tables for easy understanding of Biochemistry.
- It has each chapter beginning with a four-line verse followed by the text, biomedical concepts, a summary, and self-assessment exercises. The lively illustrations and text with appropriate headings and sub-headings in bold type faces facilitate reading path clarity and quick recall.
- It provides the most recent and essential information on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Diabetes, Cancer, Free Radicals, Free radicals and Antioxidants, Prostaglandins, etc.
- It describes a wide variety of case studies and biochemical correlations and several newer biomedical aspects- Metabolic syndrome, Therapeutic diets, Atkins diet, Trans fatty acids, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, Recombinant ribozymes, Membrane transport disorders, Pleural fluid etc.
- It contains the basics (Bioorganic and Biophysical Chemistry, Tools of Biochemistry, Immunology, and Genetics) for beginners to learn easily Biochemistry, origins of biochemical words, confusables in Biochemistry, principles of Practical Biochemistry, and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.
Biochemistry pdf Downloading Link
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Microbiologynote.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Microbiologynote.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.