Cresol Red Solution Uses
- Cresol red is used as a tracking dye for DNA/RNA in agarose gel electrophoresis and protein in polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
Required components for Cresol Red Solution
The following components are required to prepare 1L of Cresol Red Solution;
|sodium salt of cresol red (Aldrich) (mw: 404.41 g/mol)||4000 g||9.891 M|
Cresol Red Solution Preparation
- Prepare 800 mL of distilled water in a suitable container.
- Add 4000 g of sodium salt of cresol red (Aldrich) to the solution.
- Add distilled water until volume is 1 L.
- Store the 10 mM solution at room temperature.
- “Cresol Red Solution Preparation.” AAT Bioquest, Inc, 26 May. 2021, https://www.aatbio.com/resources/buffer-preparations-and-recipes/cresol-red-solution.