Cargill Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Microbiologist, will provide general quality assurance and product safety technical support for testing, data collection and analysis, process documentation and supporting knowledge transfer. In this role, you will work alongside a supervisor performing duties that typically follow a daily routine with little variation, in each of the focus areas.
- Assist scientists or technicians by collecting and preparing samples, carrying out experiments and making measurements with scientific equipment.
- Provide nontechnical or basic technical support to laboratory personnel, conduct quality checks on finished products, assist in auditing laboratory results, handle specification changes and maintain customer specifications books.
- Follow compliance programs which include monitoring adherence to government agency food or product safety regulations and other procedural compliance and operational and preoperational verification procedures as outlined for product safety.
- Attend audits and help prepare required documents, ensuring all documentation is complete, current and verified to inform production management decisions.
- Provide basic specification training as required, prepare and file customer claims and build and amend specification manual as required.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Food or protein industry knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Intermediate knowledge computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets and email
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- At least three years of experience.