GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Perform assigned pre/post grading production processes required to complete the production workflow.
Perform any of the following or other duties as assigned to meet quality and production goals:
- Measure stone weight and other required data; prepare each stone for subsequent processes in accordance with procedures and requirements using relevant data
- Perform inweigh and operate cleaning station
- Perform screening, label printing, and/or measure ultraviolet fluorescence, and/or color measurement, and/or stone measurement.
- Prepare casetting of stones
- Learn and follow defined procedures/guidelines to perform job; complete tasks through application of detailed procedural knowledge
- Use judgement to select appropriate action from defined procedures/guidelines; seek help from experienced staff and/or management for troubleshooting non-routine issues
- Understand that GIA reputation is impacted if procedures aren’t followed and mistakes are made
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and understand GIA proprietary systems (Spectrum, Searchlight, etc.)
- Ability to learn and understand key GIA people and their roles in production functions
- Ability to learn, understand and follow functional department Standard Operating Procedures
- Familiarity with Lab production workflows
- Basic understanding of GIA policies and procedures
- Basic problem-solving skills: Understand when there is a problem and escalate as required; follow procedures to solve routine and often repetitive issues
- Sound communication skills in reading, writing and speaking clearly and ability to read and comprehend English (Spectrum, training in English)
- Ability to communicate professionally (communicate respectfully, listen, articulate/explain issues, use professional tone, know when to email vs call, etc.)
- Detail oriented / Ability to focus and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Ability to learn and use production equipment to perform the job assigned (tweezers, scales, stone-holder, microscope, etc.) and basic office equipment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to create positive interactions with colleagues; actively communicate with others in a timely & professional manner; maintain good working relationship with others and peers
Supervision / Autonomy / Authority
Work under general supervision with instructions on day-to-day tasks Work under direct supervision with limited instruction on routine tasks. Follow specific instruction when learning new tasks.
Education / Training / Experience Requirements
Typically require High School Diploma. No previous experience required.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.