Franklin Templeton India Hyderabad, Telangana, India
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Floating Rate Debt Group responsible for?
- We are looking for a Senior Research Assistant to join Franklin’s Floating Rate Debt Group (“FRDG”) which invests in below investment grade, syndicated leveraged loans. The group largely focuses on senior secured corporate loans (1st lien and 2nd lien) with select opportunistic investments in distressed debt and special situations.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Senior Research Assistant?
- Assist Senior Research Analysts in building and maintaining financial models and writing quarterly updates.
- Review financial filings, 3rd party research, news sources, and macro/industry data to assess company quarterly performance.
- Assist with research for new issue and secondary investment opportunities, and preparation of new investment analysis write-ups.
- Actively participate and collaborate in weekly meetings with Portfolio Managers to help influence portfolio performance.
- Assist in analyzing credit agreements and loan documents.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- CA Inter / MBA (Finance) required.
- CFA Level 2 Candidate preferred.
- Two to three years of financial reporting experience with a strong understanding of financial statements and accompanying supporting schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, but also collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
- Good intuitive credit judgment and analytical abilities.
- Strong work experience with Excel required.
- Experience on VBA and Bloomberg preferred.
Job Level – Individual Contributor
Shift Work Timings – 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM IST
Work Mode – You can work remotely, in office, or hybrid
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees’ families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
“Location specific benefits” as mentioned below
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need a workplace arrangement to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include the arrangement you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. We will review the request and make a best effort to enact the arrangement. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for arrangements will receive a response.