UNDP India Internship 2022 – Sustainable Development Goals. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Intern-Sustainable Development Goals
Location – Chandigarh, INDIA
Application Deadline – 29-Jul-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category – Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract – Internship
Post Level – Intern
Languages Required – English
Starting Date – (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 10-Aug-2022
Duration of Initial Contract – 6 Month
Expected Duration of Assignment – 6 Month
India committed to these SDGs at the September 2015 UN Summit and the SDGs officially came into force on 1 January 2016. The Government of India has actively engaged in nationalizing the SDGs from early 2016. The UNDP India Country Programme Document CPD (2018-2022) signed with the Government of India (GoI) aims at transformative change and development impact at scale. In line with this, UNDP has initiated active support to many state governments in mainstreaming SDG’s within their schemes and programmes as a part of an UN system wide to SDG roll out for visioning and planning in India. UNDP has initiated active support to a number of state governments in mainstreaming SDGs in their planning processes as a part of an overall support to SDG localization.
With this background, UNDP is looking to work with private sector in the region on ESG framework and sustainability reporting. ESG Criteria are a set of non-financial assessment standards for a corporation’s activities that investors, banks, governments and other entities are increasingly using to measure a company’s value. UNDP views ESG/Sustainability Reporting/Green Accounting & Reporting as an integral part of “Business Strategy” for industries to remain relevant, responsible and sustainable. By reporting on recommended metrics in its mainstream report and integrating them into governance, business strategy and performance management, a company demonstrates to its shareholders and stakeholders alike that it diligently weighs all pertinent risks and opportunities in running its business. With this context, UNDP is looking to work with Industry Leaders in the region:
- Initiating DIALOGUE in the ESG space in North region – In the long run, we can also look at setting up Regional Sustainability Forum to ensure long term support to industry leaders in this region.
- Initiating ACTION with Industry Leaders on the Sustainability agenda – Mobilize the ‘Early Adopters’ in the region and support them in sustainability information management and accelerating their net zero journey and developing their sustainability reporting strategy.
UNDP seeks to enlist two interns to assist the Regional Head – North Region in ESG related research, data collection & analysis, preparation of concept papers and event management as a part of working with Private Sector in the region to promote sustainability and green reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with UNDP and Industry Association to cull out an events/activities and training calendar for private sector entities in the region.
- Conducting comprehensive research into sustainability practices of companies across sectors and geographies by looking at relevant ESG metrics from a broad range of sources
- Aggregating ESG data points from annual reports, CSR/Sustainability reports, proxy statements, and other company filings; Analyse and measure the ESG performance of companies and compare against sector and regional peers
- Support in organizing training and capacity building events, basis the activities calendar of private sector for the region. ? Take responsibility for developing skills & knowledge through formal & informal training and self-study
- Develop and share your expertise on the ESG challenges associated to specific companies, sectors and industries
- Understand and leverage ESG/sustainability frameworks and standards (SASB, TCFD, GRI or similar) to inform disclosure practices to the forum.
- Strong interest in ESG, CSR, Responsible Investment (RI) and/or sustainable development.
- Excellent proficiency of written and spoken English (working language), with ability to analyse, synthesise and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent attention to details, achieving thoroughness and accuracy in research output.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Science, Management or related fields.
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Science, Management or related fields.
(c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
(d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree programme;
- Proof of medical insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical Insurance.