A water distiller is a device that is used to purify water by removing contaminants and impurities. It works by heating water to its boiling point, so that the water evaporates and leaves behind any impurities or contaminants. The resulting steam is then collected and cooled, resulting in pure, distilled water.
There are several types of water distillers, including countertop models that can be used in a home or small office, and larger industrial models that are used in factories and other commercial settings. Water distillation is a popular method for purifying water because it is effective at removing a wide range of contaminants, including bacteria, viruses, minerals, and chemicals. It is also relatively simple and easy to use, making it a popular choice for many people.
MCQ on Water Distiller
- What is a water distiller used for? a) Removing impurities from water b) Filtering gases c) Concentrating minerals d) All of the above
- How does a water distiller work? a) By using a membrane to filter out contaminants b) By using chemicals to kill contaminants c) By heating water to its boiling point and collecting the resulting steam d) By using UV light to kill contaminants
- What are the main parts of a water distiller? a) Boiler, condenser, and collector b) Filter, pump, and valve c) Heater, thermometer, and timer d) All of the above
- What are some common contaminants that a water distiller can remove? a) Bacteria and viruses b) Minerals and chemicals c) Organic matter and sediment d) All of the above
- What is the main advantage of using a water distiller compared to other water purification methods? a) It is faster b) It is cheaper c) It is more effective at removing contaminants d) It is easier to use
- Can a water distiller remove all contaminants from water? a) Yes b) No
- How do you maintain a water distiller? a) By cleaning and sanitizing the parts regularly b) By replacing the filter every month c) By performing regular maintenance checks d) All of the above
- What are some safety considerations to keep in mind when using a water distiller? a) Wear personal protective equipment b) Follow proper start-up and shut-down procedures c) Do not exceed the recommended temperature and pressure limits d) All of the above
- Can a water distiller be used to purify seawater? a) Yes b) No
- Can a water distiller be used to purify water from any source? a) Yes b) No