There are several ways to make amylase production cheaper:
- Use cheaper substrates: One of the most effective ways to reduce the cost of amylase production is to use cheaper substrates. For example, agricultural waste such as wheat bran, rice bran, and corn cobs can be used as substrates instead of more expensive sugars or starches.
- Optimization of fermentation conditions: By optimizing the fermentation conditions such as pH, temperature, and aeration rate, the yield of amylase can be increased, thereby reducing the overall cost of production.
- Use of high-yielding strains: The use of high-yielding strains that produce more amylase per unit volume of fermentation medium can significantly reduce the cost of production.
- Recycling of biomass: Recycling of biomass, such as using fungal biomass as a substrate for bacterial growth, can increase the yield of amylase and reduce the cost of production.
- Use of immobilized enzymes: The use of immobilized enzymes can reduce the cost of production by increasing the stability and reusability of the enzymes.
- Process integration: Integration of different stages of the production process, such as upstream and downstream processing, can reduce the overall cost of production.